Thursday, January 29, 2009

OliveMan: Returns

The walk cycle. I was still working on the idea of how OliveMan should actually walk/run/move in any way. I wanted to make it more cartoony, and less "realistic". Meaning, if a bunch of olives, toothpicks, and white gloves got together and made a character in real life, this is how the character would walk... Hypothetically, of course.  This is what I originally created:



And now, I give you the cartoon walk cycle. A teacher of mine sat with me to show me how to make the basic cartoon walk cycle.  Then, of course, I made my own with OliveMan. Like always, constructive criticism is welcome. Enjoy!



OliveMan: Toony Walk from Isai Calderon on Vimeo.

2 comments:

spokenleaf said...

it looks great, give the upper body more side to side motion.

Unknown said...

great work isai, keep em coming!